Saturday, March 14, 2020

New doll arrival- Mr. Turner- Tammy's dad

I admit to a new obsession in my doll collecting this year- I have become a vintage nut. 

Not with the usual *yawn* Barbie, Skipper or Ken. No, dolls much more elusive. Tammy AND Friends. Her mom, dad, sister Pepper, Salty Pete, Dodi, Misty, and so on. AS WELL as the Littlechap family who were made in 1963 and modeled on the Kennedy family. 

I recently was lucky enough a couple of days ago to see one of my fashion doll club buddies post in our group a post- who is this? and it was a photo of 2 Ted dolls- Tammy's dad. I offered to purchase one of them if she was interested in selling, which she was. Today he arrived. My only sorry is I do not have a Tammy here to greet her dad when he arrived. She is so elusive and expensive! Tammy is not cheap by any means, even nekkid. lol.. 

So Mr. Turner has arrived, and I did a cleaning on his face and arms which were slightly dirty. He is wearing a striped shirt and dark pants, and his shoes. He measures 13 inches high. He has a couple of rough spots on his chin and cheek but you have to look hard to see them. He is in better condition than I thought he would be. 








 Something about this doll just makes me happy. I halfway expect him to be yucking it up with Ward Cleaver and going to play golf any minute. Too many afternoons watching 'Leave it to Beaver' after school! He reminds me alot of Ward Cleaver, both he and the John Littlechap doll. I am looking forward to doing some scenes with food with he and Mrs. Turner and Tammy and Pepper when I acquire them. I had purchased long ago a large lot of Barbie and clothing and I think some of it is actually Tammy clothing.  

Enjoy! And hopefully, my new W Club dolls will be arriving this week so more pictures to show you of the new dolls....
Lisa

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I imagine "the thrill of the chase" is both exciting and frustrating when you're trying to find vintage dolls that you want.