Friday, October 11, 2019

Halloween Raffle donation for Va Fashion Doll Club Barbie's 60th Birthday Celebration

I haven't been posting this much on this blog this year. Life has been taking a toll as my husband has been severely ill this year . I have refrained from posting /talking about it here, but now that we are through the worst of the scares , pnuemonia, but worst of all, cancer- I can breathe a little easier now. I have been the main caregiver and everything this year and it has taken a toll on my doll collecting and my creative play. Some things are more important than dolls, hobbies, etc. as much as I enjoy them, I honestly have had no heart for them. 

So I could breathe a little easier as things began to improve and I could create a small raffle donation for my Va. Fashion Doll club who were organizing a small club luncheon this weekend. Here is the flyer-



I decided to create a Halloween type themed item, and went with a recent Mattel Hermoine Grainger doll that I had recently purchased. I customized a Disney Princess table and chair set by painting it black, and adding a dollhouse miniature carpet underneath. 
I created the miniature Halloween Candy corn cake with a slice cut out, as well as the Mandrake book and the Mandrake plant. I also added Hermoine's cat Crookshanks, which I purchased at A.C. Moore along with the funny little resin stack of books that had a skull on the back. There is also a jar of stick candy on the table as well. 












It has been quite a while since I made mandrakes plants, so I am quite rusty at it. I used to make them in miniature years ago, smaller than this one. I sculpted it out of clay then baked it in the pot and painted it a variety of colors and added the leaves. 

I am hoping to post more soon of Annabelle and Marie Terese's dollhouse soon. Have been adding a few things here and there.  Enjoy. 

1 comment:

Ms. Leo said...

I love the details and the cat! Will you keep it up until Nov. 1st? I love the Harry Potter movies and Hermione was always my favorite! I purchase the doll too and love to see what others do with her! Happy Halloween!