Sunday, August 19, 2018

Trip to Walmart...

I went on a trip to Walmart looking for the new Harry Potter dolls. It's been a while since I looked for new dolls...and WOW! It's like Harry Potter Nirvana!














They've got the dolls, wands, a dress-up kit complete with Harry Potter glasses, miniature wands in cute little boxes for your dolls- which I think will fit 18 inch dolls to be truthful- they are 4 inches long- then these cute little plastic figures, for 9.98, then stuffie/plush figures, and well a whole assortment of Harry Potter stuff. The dolls at my Walmart run $20.97 but I live on the East Coast, you may find them cheaper depending on where you live. 

Then let's check out Barbie. It seems she's suddenly into 'camping...or should I say 'Glamping...' 














She's got it all,, even a new Dreamhouse. She's a got a pickup truck with a kayak, dog, tent, and a mud splattered SUV, Stacey has a Pony, Skipper has a tent, they all have a mountain chalet cabin, and a tent- I did say a tent right? lol as well as a mountain bike you can buy when they get bored with all that mountain climbing they will be doing. Barbie has never been so athletic.


The truck comes with a vest, dog, and water bottle as well as a kayak. It's a whopping price of $54.99 hoping it goes down as I would like to get it and paint it. Why couldn't they have done it in red or blue or white? That awful fuschia pink again. At least the SUV is in teal. 

Be sure to check out your clearance aisle, they are putting alot of stuff on clearance too- like fashionistas!

5 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The truck is awfully plain, though, isn't it? I think the camping cabin set would be nice for simple dioramas if it was repainted.

If you're thinking about getting Hermione or Ginny, beware. They have weird bodies that are probably closest to Ever After High dolls, and their feet are also different from every other doll. I did a review about a week ago on Ginny, if you're interested.

D7ana said...

Thanks for the clearance alert.

Good luck getting the Harry Potter items you want as well as the Barbie glamping items. Are you dolls keen on glamping?

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you for the heads up on the weird bodies of the harry potter dolls Barb. I will check out your review.
D7ana, my dolls are not much on 'glamping', lol but I do like that truck. It does not anywhere equal the truck from the 70's that Mattel made which was metal I think and it might have been Tonka that made that one I am thinking of. I have run across a few of them in flea markets, that is on my wish list. I was thinking this might be a fun project with the spray paint to do in white, or red. Add a little realism with some acrylic paint for mud with sienna paints. I might wait for the sale- $54 is pricey for this set.

Unknown said...

Mattel did a good job with the Harry Potter dolls.

D7ana said...

Hi Lisa! Do you remember the New Bright 1:6 scale cars and jeeps that were available? I used to sigh over them, lol. And New Ray bikes ....