Thursday, May 4, 2017

May the 'Fourth' Be With You!



Since today is May 4th, and a play on words, May the 'Force' or Fourth' Be with you, I decided to De-box Spock and Uhura for this great eventful day. I have had them since last year but have not yet got around to buying Kirk for some reason. I will probably buy him when another sale comes up. 

Today I went to Michael's and all of these wonderful little plants were 50% off. They are great for dioramas, especially mod scenes with modern furniture. I wish I could have purchased more. Those large palm like plants run 12.99 and were 6.99 at 1/2 off. 

Here are some more photo ops with my Star Wars and Star Trek figures...


The Star Wars robot set comes from Target and is an exclusive that runs 29.99, you can still get it in the store. I am tempted to get another set. I found R2-D2 at Walmart for 9.99


Mattel Spock. I think all things considering, they did a good job on him. I really want the Sideshow/ Big Chief studios Spock, but he is very well done with a communicator and his famous hand signal.

Uhura is really a wonderful doll. She has a communicator and another accessory, her stockings and boots and uniform are very well made too. I don't get why they gave her GREEN earrings when in the show her earrings were usually gold or silver. 



The gang altogether.....




The plants I purchased at 50% off. I got these mainly for some dioramas I want to build and I need modern style plants.  I think these would go well with mod or retro buildings. I might go back because they had a planter in an orange size planter that would go well with my vintage country living dollhouse. 

All for now! ~Lisa

2 comments:

Treesa said...

Star Wars and Star Trek in the same photo shoot, let's hear it for being inclusive! Especially since there seems to be an ongoing rivalry between Star Wars fans and Star Trek fans, kind of an Elvis verses The Beatles scenario. Personally, I'm all for tolerance and acceptance, both among fandoms and in everyday life. Did you know that May 25th is Geek Pride Day? It's also Towel Day if you're a fan of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series, or Glorious Twenty-fifth Of May if you're a fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld.
Signed, Treesa

Lisa Neault said...

Treesa I love both Star Trek and Star Wars. I thought it would be funny but I now realize that many people don't get the joke...and to the die hard fans I have committed an unforgiveable breech there, lol. I have yet to see the new Star Wars movies, the Force awakens and Rogue one, just because I'm lazy, and hate crowds, and I don't want to see Princess Leah die in the movie,, too sad. I love the original three. Star Trek, I guess I'm more of a Trekker fan. This was just an occasion for me to debox Spock and Uhura.