Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lucky thrifting finds today...

As I have begun to do alot recently, I went antiquing near my favorite haunts, as I am unbeknown to the doll world, a passionate china and crystal collector. (this is why you see part of my collection being moved on Ebay to make more room for dolls!lol)

So today I was in the antique mall near my home, and found this little guy. PERFECT for the Nativity I am planning. He is obviously vintage, but the weird thing is I have been watching two or three similar auctions onthis same figure- I believe even though he has yellowed, he is a Breyer mule/donkey made in Hong Kong. My lucky find was only $4





I could be mistaken about the Breyer part, but he is just nifty. I don't mind the yellowing either, because this little guy is just going to stand around the stable in the Nativity. The one I was watching on Ebay was on a BIN for $21!! So I saved a ton of money and time.
So I took a few pics of him standing about the Stable scene.




I think he looks great in this scene. He is not really tall enough for Mary to ride on, but that is ok, the price is right for the look I want with this setup.
I also am working on the first of the Wise men with a doll that just arrived from EvilKaren on Doll Divas! Since I was about today picking up items hubby needed, I treated myself to a quick Hancock fabrics visit and found some great fabric remnants. I could go nuts with their upholstery fabrics- but I controlled myself with the under $5 bin. Hopefully I will  have that Wise man finished soon, this week I am probably going to have very little dolly time. Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the donkey seems real. It looks perfect in the Christmas crib. We keep in touch.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Marta!