Sunday, November 1, 2020

Va Fashion Doll Club Raffle project progress

 I have had some progress on my Va Fashion doll club raffle project. I had posted about this a week or two ago. I still have touch ups to do, but we have progressed , despite the incredibly damp weather- which has prevented paint and stains from drying as rapidly as we needed. 

I finished the foods, and Chris finished installing the timbers and trims. Pilgrim Ken is as done as I can get him finished, I was more concerned with the table and the foods. 










I made a turkey on platter, four seperate servings of turkey, mashed potatoes, string beans with carrots, pumpkin pie, bowl of mashed potatoes, platter with fresh baked bread, and a cake as well. The animals are a turkey, dog, and cat. The back story is John and Priscilla Alden are celebrating Thanksgiving in their home, waiting for friends to arrive to eat the feast and their dog Prudence and the cat Patience with their pet turkey Old Faithful are excited to welcome their friends and family in their new home. (We were asked to write a paragraph to describe our entry. All of this will be done virtually/ online including bidding with our tickets, and later winners arrange to pickup their entries with the raffles. I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

Enjoy the pics! Happy Early Thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

Small Joys said...

Love it! You are talented and so inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

Dorothy In PA said...

What a cute feast you have created. The hosts look charmingly attired.
Best wishes for a successful raffle.