Thursday, May 2, 2019

Happy May Day!

I know my May Day post is late, but May Day is my birthday and I was busy yesterday. lol .

I baked a cake, out of the ordinary for me. I wanted to try something different since I had purchased a new kind of icing.  I wanted a pink cake with blue icing and strawberries on top. I was going for something different this year. 











The blue icing is actually blue vanilla buttercream. I had purchased it a while back and meant to use it with it with a white cake mix and red icing to make a red white and blue cake.  

This year I did not go 'all out' for my birthday gifts...I have been re-vamping my collection and clearing out my dolls to re-focus my collection on building and structures. I have so many dolls that do not get enough love and camera time, it's time to clean out the herd and collection and focus on what I really want in my collection. I haven't been happy about not building like I used to do. I don't need a huge amount of dolls to do that. So I will only buy what I like, or what I absolutely can't live without. yeah, right says the doll collector who loves shiny things, lol.

I purchased this vintage Sweet 16 Best Buy Barbie that I had when I was a kid, she was one of my favorites. It is very hard to find her in mint condition with all the items that came with her, including the makeup box. Mine had a locket. 


Later, I will do a photo op with her and my Pillow Talk Poppy. I swear she and Pillow Talk look SO MUCH ALIKE! 

The other thing I purchased was Ladies of Fashion reference book on Portrait Madame Alexander dolls. This was recommended on one of my Facebook groups if you are into Collecting Cissy dolls.


A truly awesome book, it also comes with a price guide. The photos are lovely. There are other reference books that I plan on getting as I have also purchased a pattern from a reliable seller who sells reprints of vintage patterns on ebay for Cissy, Barbie, and other vintage dolls. I have not yet started on a dress for my Cissy as I cannot decide on the right fabric. 

Anyhow, enjoy the photos!

Note: If you are interested, here is the link to my ebay store 
Pumpkin Hill Studios  These are the CURRENT AUCTIONS catagory link that will show you all the dolls, Poppy Parker, Fashion Royalty, and the outfits and accessories on sale.  I have a great selection listed at this time, as well as a 15% off Birthday Celebration sale on ALL merchandise on Buy It Now from May 2nd to May 6th . 

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Happy Birthday! Yum, I love buttercream frosting! I hope your dolly resolutions come to fruition.

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Barb. Sometimes I think we get overwhelmed when we collect too many different kinds of dolls, (at least I do.) and in the process of being artsy, I always have so many 'projects' that I want to do, and never do them, even with the best of intentions. It is always better to clean out the dolls and move them on to someone who will love them rather than let them sit in a box, so you can have room for the things you really need/ or want.